Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hi mommy, I dirt.

Its no secret how I've been struggling with sleep since My love has been switched to graves. Last night was another tough one for me since it was his first night back to graves after his five days off and it was a double back oh yuck! It wasn't until about 3:30am that my eyes finally gave in to some much needed sleep.

I was so exhausted that the little sounds of Ashton stirring could not wake me out of this slumber or so I thought. I awake to Ashton grabbing my face saying "hi mommy. I dirt." so happy to open my eyes and see his adorable little blue eyed face. "goodmorning my little prince" he shoves his little hands right into my face that they are touching my lips "mommy I dirt" he exclaims. I lick my lips out of habitat then neccesity While at the same moment an awful smell filled my nostrils. one I couldn't quite put my finger on yet it was a familiar smell. Just awakening from a dead sleep I could feel my brain kick in to overdrive trying to name the smell. At the same time my blurred vision was adjusting and I could see brown. Yes, chunky? Brown! all my sences sparked together everything came clear as day. I flung my body up and back completly in horror of what I just realized.

I take a good look at my big boy. With his superman underwear around one ankle, toliet paper fastened to his leg by the chunky, smelly, brown stuff, His brown hand print smeared across his chest, his hands covered in pooh with the biggest smile across his face as he says for the third time "mommy, I dirt."

This cannot be happening. Realizing that I just licked my lips that had been touched by poooh hands I begin to dry heave i say "no Ashton it is not dirt. You are covered in poooh."
His little face fell and he looks at me with one hand reaching for mine and the other pointing towards the hall he says "oh no mommy mess!"

He was right! My little man woke up needing to take a morning dump. Being the litlle independent that he is he went to the bathroom took off his underwear and sat on the pot. The problems arose when it was time to wipe clean. Why today of all the days Did he need to take a morning dump?

So at 6:30 am I find myself knee deep in pooh scrubbing the bathroom. Scrubbing Ashton and scrubbing the little trail he left from the bathroom to my room. I remind myself that when I start to think that my life is a little dull and full of routine I will rememebr this delicious morning and never ever question myself again.

Hope all your mornings are awoken without the color brown!

My little culprit after the bath in his buzz lightyear outfit watching the morning toons!



-- Please excuse spelling errors since this blog is from my mobile phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment